Amaryllis
Amaryllis   House Keeping   Archives   IC Archives   Year 5 Archive   One Lady to Another

Hello There, Guest!
or Register
IC News

March 19, 2024 A momentary lull has overtaken the lands of Amaryllis as its inhabitants attempt to find their footing and rebuild after a string of challenges. How long it will last, however, nobody can be quite sure.

February 11, 2024 The Mire has fallen from the Stärke family and is now held by Luther Rike. The change has stirred but the fighting nature of those on the island. The Brook finds a new leader with Icefang and Isla takes over the Lagoon after a storm pushes out the old leader. Reti finds himself the leader of the Hollows after Alexander is hurt. The Oasis finds a new leader in Léonie who is soon tested by Harou.

January 8, 2024 The snow has finally begun to melt anew, which means that the world is slowly returning to the much-anticipated summer season. With the various holiday activities and the other jests put on by Nafasi also coming to a close, it is safe to say that winter is finally over.

December 5th, 2023 Nafasi had pulled a cruel trick and has sent Amaryllis back into a renewed winter season! But it's not all bad, because the lands will also see a handful of holiday-themed events popping up as a result. To make things more interesting, a wayward trio of travlers have also arrived and are facilitating a mass competition between the prides, bands, and rogues -- formally dubbed the Amaryllis Winter Games.

December 2nd, 2023 The spring air brings forth a number of pride challenges. A familiar challenger for the Cove and the Oasis arrive to try to earn what they want. The new leader of the Lagoon is tested in battle as well. What changes will come from the challenges? Who will remain standing and who will find their world turned upside down?

November 27th, 2023 In a challenge between mother and daughter, the leadership of Wolfbron Bluff changes for the first time in 5 IC years.

November 22nd, 2023 Two death matches, one resurrection, and an almost-war later, the lands find themselves in a constant state of turmoil and calamity. Families have been torn apart and endless blood has been spilt; but how is it all going to end?

November 3rd, 2023 The lands stir violently as a death match rages on between Aeistrios Saxe and Morrigan Greyflood. Observers spill into the pit in droves to witness what will no doubt be a historic battle -- and it is clear that this familial fued is far from over, no matter who wins and who dies.

October 12th, 2023 With winter comes the surge of more pride challenges; Ludivine challenges Ryker for Firnen Rainforest and is victorious in her endeavors, meanwhile an outcropping of maims breaks out on the sidelines. In a shocking turn of events Luther returns to challenge Bruno for Ecrosia Mire, will the former heir prove victorious or has Bruno got what it takes to keep his brother's ambitions at bay? This has undoubtedly shaken things up as Bruno declares war against Andal Oasis and Allies in the process!

September 26th, 2023 A series of pride challenges spark up across the peninsula, while warring families face-off as tensions reach their boiling points. Anthonius Savante barely manages to escape the clutches of Apollinaire Dieudonne with his life, while death looms over the broken truce between the Valour-Greyflood and Saxe families.

September 4th, 2023 After Tinúviel collapsed at the Wolfbron Bluff's challenge, she was unable to make it back to the Lagoon to take up her leadership position again and the pride disbands. Diomedeidae & Cirilla fight for the pride.

August 28th, 2023 Both Amara and Morrigan keep their prides. Lachesis doesn't show to defend the Brook and Renfri takes over. The Wolfbron Bluffs challenge seems to be setting off fireworks already.

August 15th, 2023 The two longest standing female leaders are both fighting for their prides once again. Anthonius challenges Amara for the Bluffs. Amaroq challenges Morrigan for the Summit. A new leader faces his first challenge as Renfri challenges Lachesis for the Brook. Did anyone think that peace was something the island was able to have?

August 1st, 2023 Conflict, drama, love, and loss - the lands are never free from any of it for more than a fleeting moment. As the summer months wane on and the season nears its end, there is no telling what is coming next upon the horizon.

June 19th, 2023 With the rains leaving and spring upon the island, things are heating up among the lions. Bruno seeks to unseat his father in the Mire. Helah looks to dethrone Scorpius in the Oasis and keep the fire between the Bluffs and the Oasis alive. The Plains have raided the Brook and allies on both sides showed up to help.

May 23rd, 2023 All is fair in love and war - moments of chaos and peace lull in a cyclical nature across the lands of Amaryllis, though most are wise enough to know that the quiet never lasts quite long enough.

April 20th, 2023 Alexander manages to win the Hollows and Tiamat keeps the Lagoon. Vághan challenges Amara for the Bluffs but Amara is able to hold off another challenger and keeps the Bluffs. The Cove was hit by a storm that washed away it's leader leaving the lands open to be claimed by Nephthys and Keligan who both are attached to the land. Cirilla attempts to take the Oasis from Scorpius who seems driven to keep the land.

April 5th, 2023 It doesn't take long for the dust to kick up as the Hollows is challenged for by Alexander once again and the Lagoon is challenged for by Fernweh.

March 31st, 2023 As wars and challenges continue to break out across the lands, Amaryllis is certainly keeping up with its turbulent reputation. One can only hope that the dust will settle soon enough - for everyone's sake.

March 10th, 2023 The turbulance of the prides never ceases for very long, as a violent landslide forces the members of Firnen Rainforest to evacuate and disband. Who will step up for the throne this time around?

March 1st, 2023 While Gauthier manages to retain control of Caladan Cove, Lorien Plains' fate is not so simple. With Aeistrios overthrowing Violarum and taking the pride's throne, how will things unravel from here?

archive of old in-character news

OOC News

Site-Wide Exp Boost: Active 03/09 - 04/09
Time Remaining:

March 19, 2024 With our site-wide double trade experience event now fully underway, the Admin team would like to bring our official 2024 Site Fundraiser to everyone's attention. We rely on our members to keep the site going, and are offering a wide range of gifts and prizes - please take a look!

March 1, 2024 Our double trade experience fundraiser is open for donations! Please read about the changes made for this time around.

February 13, 2024 It is time for our 2024 Community Check In. This survey covers OOC areas, IC areas, and a few other things that staff are looking to gain insight on. This is very important to us so please take the time to answer the questions. You have until March 11th to finish this survery. Once complete, you can claim an item from the shop or 150xp. More details are in the survey.

January 25, 2024 Site update! Please review some changes to the site here.

January 8, 2024 Happy New Year and welcome back from our site-wide break! We're looking forward to picking things back up, and hope that everyone feels refreshed.

December 2, 2023 Fa la la la la, la la la la! It's finally December, and we all know what that means — holiday events, woohoo! We will also be having a site break December 22nd - Jan 5th.

November 28, 2023 We are looking for input on the trade system revamp. Learn more about it and the raffle here!

October 26, 2023 We are looking for a few additional staff members to help with processing things around the sitd. Please apply if you have the time and are interested!!

October 19, 2023 A very important site update is out today, so please take a look and read through it in full.

October 11, 2023 If you weren't aware, we have an ongoing Halloween Event! The IC event is live as of today, and both that and the scavenger hunt will run until the end of the month.

September 26, 2023 There is less than a week left of our site-wide double exp event, so get in there and earn what you can! Also stay tuned for some fall fun coming to the site in October.

August 20th, 2023 Let's talk; Amaryllis does not condone the stealing of content or harrasment in any form.

August 10th, 2023 It's World Lion Day! That means a free character for all of our active members! Check out the details here.

August 1st, 2023 Our site break has officially ended - we hope that everyone enjoyed the downtime and that you are looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. Please refer to the original announcement for timelines to get caught up!

archive of old out-of-character news

-->

Character of the Month
Pair of the Month
Thread of the Month
Who's Who

Pride Challenges
No fights in progress
Rank Challenges
No fights in progress
Lioness or Cub Challenges
Velasco & Icefang vs Rhesk vs Drena for Ixora
Kireena vs Yuna for Bébé
Dominance Matches
Meisia vs Karsus for Dominance
Cyrène vs Miaran for Dominance
Ixora vs Cèlestine for Dominance
Maim Matches
No fights in progress
Death Matches
Apollinaire vs Ludivine for Death
January Y12
Winter
The coldest part of winter is now afoot, with heavy snowfall spreading across the north and crisp winds overtaking the majority of the lands. To make matters worse, the days seem painfully short, with the sun setting as quickly as it seems to rise from across the horizon. The nights remain dark, quiet, and frigid all the while.

Map & Calendar

Recent Posts

Outlaw Bands
outside the law

Site Time
The current time on Amaryllis is:

Credits
The bread and butter

All site-based items on Amaryllis are copywritten to the owners. Characters are copywritten and owned by their creators. Amaryllis is currently owned by Ice and Squid. Default skin coded by Dusk. Full credits here.

One Lady to Another
She made her way far from her home, traveling from the time the sun rose until she made her location. Jewel knew a pride was here... somewhere.. and she wanted to see how things would work between them and the Cove. The ebony queen came to a halt beyond the borders and found herself surprised at how many scents came across and through the marked trails. Interesting. So far, Jewel hadn't seen a pride as large as this - unless she counted the Hollow at its peak.

Chuffing softly - the female shifted to sit down outside Vermeda's barrier, tails coiling around her paws as the Caldan sovereign waited for the vermeda leader. With the number of scents that came and went, she wasn't sure which was the leader, or what gender. Truthfully, Jewel was expecting to see another male - so far, she was the only lioness in a position of power in these lands, which also put a little bit of a target upon her hide..

@Nymeria

"speech"
the borders were busy lately, for lack of a better word, and nymeria found herself constantly teetering back and forth between her pride and the sprawling newcomers. they were a fickle bunch, she was coming to realize -- and yet, alas, there was little that she could do to prevent them from finding vermeda's borders, or inquiring further once they did.

given all this, she is hardly surprised to hear a chuff rise up into the still air of the grove, beckoning for the presence and company of the brook's high sovereign. with a small, typical, smile painted across her lips, nymeria moves towards the call with ease and grace, her lashes giving a soft flutter when she emerges from the thicket and finds another woman, her pelt as black and as sultry as the night, perched politely on the pride's doorstep. "hello, stranger." the druid starts kindly, allowing her gaze to move swiftly along @Jewel's figure, before speaking further. "is there something i can help you with?"

The female that arrived had Jewel's ears twisting forward, a smile touching her muzzle as she assessed the other female just as Nymeria had done her own quick assessment. She gave a nod before her tail tips twitched near her ankles. "I'm Jewel Khulani - Sovereign to the Cove to the south. I've been told there was a pride here - and wished to stop and visit to see what could be done about a potential alliance between our prides?"

She kept her tone light, kind and gentle - as it always was. Jewel wasn't sure who this female was outside of the scent being one of those that had criss-crossed the borders she sat outside of. Jewel wasn't going to make assumptions, but she also wasn't going to sit there and be rude either. "Would you perhaps be the lady I am searching for for such a discussion?"

@Nymeria

"speech"
the woman remains stoic for a moment or two longer, composed, as she awaits for something that might hint to this stranger's arrival upon her borders. she is not kept waiting long for the answer, however, and is pleasantly surprised by the information that falls gracefully from her demure, diplomatic tones. "ahhh, jewel, it's a pleasure to finally meet you." the druid muses with a soft smile, as the name sparked a sense of recognition within the back of her mind. she had been hinted towards the coastal queen once or twice before, from her interactions with some of the other foreigners, and nymeria was well aware that this meeting was far overdue.

the other's next words warrant another small bob of the vermedan's crown, before her lips part to usher forth further explanations. "that would be me -- nymeria valour, high sovereign of vermeda brook, a place that has been home to the natives of amaryllis for generations." she introduced, adding a little bit of extra information on the end of her words, hoping to provide some context to @Jewel, should she not know it already. "forgive me for not knowing, but would you mind telling me a bit about yourself? i did met with fionn recently, however, and he spoke kindly of your pride." the nymph would ask as a final question, feeling comfortable enough, for now, to drop into a seated position, revelling momentarily in the cool touch of the breeze as it weaved throughout the woodland.

Jewel found herself strangely surprised that others would speak of her to a leader of another pride, but she managed - if barely to keep the shock off her face. A smile touched her lips and the ebony female would incline her head in true greeting - one queen to another. "It's a pleasure, Lady Nymeria to make your acquaintance." And a true pleasure it was - to finally be not the only female to lead a pride in these lands. "I..can't imagine that it's been easy to see all these strangers come traipsing through your ancestral homes.."

Ears would fall slightly to either side of her skull as the words that the Vermedan queen were noted. It meant that the realms that the lions were claiming as their own belonged to those who came here before. Jewel felt a moment of remorse for claiming the Cove - had she taken someone's place from them? Had she taken the resting area of a spirit from their final place of respite? A frown touched her lips briefly before the ebony queen looked once more at the lioness seated before it.

"I have taken the Cove to the south as my home - but before I get into who I am.. Tell me, Lady Nymeria.. Are there spirits or beings in the Cove that we have uprooted by claiming it as our own?" Jewel was not spiritual by nature, but she understood that when one came into lands such as these that there would be certain customs that should be adhered to - and should some of these natives be burying their dead in different parts of the land, she wished not to disturb their graves by traipsing her pride over their remains.

@Nymeria

"speech"
nymeria silently echoed the appreciation for another womanly sovereign. for a while, she had been starting to believe that it was an uncommon thing for the places from which these newcomers had come from -- but @Jewel was a refreshing change of pace from those assumptions, and validated having a woman at the helm. there is a slight hesitation for nymeria, however, at the ebony woman's reference to their arrival -- and while the vermedan should have been used to such topics of discussion by now, it always seemed to bring a small flutter to her chest. "it's been far from easy," she assures, honesty heavy upon her tones, despite the fact that there was no malice or anger to her words. "but, it is what maua has planned for us, and so we must take it in stride." she continued with a small smile, forever entrusting that their creator knew the plan that they had crafted.

watching her company closely and curiously, the nymph is quick to note the fall and twist of her features in response to the native's fray of words. the question jewel posed next, however, was not one that had been expected -- and yet, it is perhaps one of the most genuine inquiries that nymeria had received from the hordes of new arrivals. "i'm afraid that there is no straight-forward answer to that. while i don't think that you have unrooted our kin with the establishment of your pride, our faith is tied deeply to each corner of the island. it all has meaning, and purpose -- so long as you respect that, i don't foresee any issues." the honeyed chords rolled easily from nymeria's tongue as she spoke them, shoulders giving a soft roll once she had finished and hoping that provided some comfort to the black-pelted dame.

A nod would be given when Nymeria spoke of there possibly being few spirits in the Cove, but still it was something she would need to be mindful of. Jewel shifted when Nymeria made her feel better with her words, but still. Ears shifted when the sovereign dipped her skull towards her. "I admit that it would make me feel better if I knew for sure that we weren't upending anyone from their resting place." But, she didn't know anyone in the pride that might know how to check. Jewel also wasn't as familiar with the Vermeda Sovereign to ask that she come and make sure that they weren't upsetting any tethered souls.

Shuffling where she sat, Jewel shifted to lift her head high, hoping that she would make a somewhat decent impression on the female that stood before her. Why did she care so much? Probably because Jewel wanted the only other female leader in these lands thus far to feel she could trust her - young a leader as she was. Jewel was well aware that she had an uphill battle in this realm and wanted to do the best she could. "I apologize that we have caused such a ruckus in your ancestral lands, Lady Nymeria... I hope that perhaps if it isn't much trouble, the two of us could speak of an agreement between our prides? I'm aware that as the interloper in these lands I have little knowledge of how this realm works - and I would very much be interested in learning what we can do to.. lessen the burden on your people."

She knew that there was a chance by simply carving out a home for her own family that she was affecting the balance that these natives had held for generations.. and Jewel - new to leading as she was - she knew that it would be best if she tried to actively keep the pride of Caladan in good standing with those that the natives held. If nothing else, because she wouldn't want someone coming in and tearing up her ancestral home and uprooting her family either..

@Nymeria

"speech"
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2021, 04:57 PM by Nymeria.)
the coastal sovereign still seemed worried, unassured by nymeria's previous attempt -- which was perhaps a good sign, in the grand scheme of it all. "you would likely know if souls rested there -- they are not always the quiet type." she would try again, albeit that it did not change the fact that @Jewel had still taken the coastal region as her own throne. if anything, however, it did soothe nymeria to know that she at least cared, and at least had the decency to ask about their traditions, their way of life, and their ancestors.

the valourian shifts slightly where she sat, allowing the other's words to process and sink slowly across the forefront of her mind. it was overwhelming, if anything, to deal with the constant ebb and flow of these new faces, but she was confident that, in time, it would get easier and less tumultuous. "truth be told, we are weary. we have seen so much violence in such little time, and it has made some of my people very uneasy." she admits with a small tilt of her crown, brows still furrowed as she pauses in a moment of contemplation. thanks to jewel's honesty, however, nymeria would opt for transparency and honesty, hoping to be as candid as she could, for the sake of their potential relationship. "we want peace and respect for our home, that's all. so, i appreciate you taking the time to ask and to learn."

"what sort of agreement did you have in mind?" neutral, endearing tones asked finally, assuming that the other woman had come here with some kind of preconceived notion as to what she wanted to get out of this meeting.

She gave a nod when the female stated that she would know if they had upset a spirit.. but the lioness still had to wonder if she shouldn't start bringing offerings to the ocean to make sure that the cove stayed on the 'up and up' of the lands spirits. "I would likely not have carved a home for myself had I known.. but.." Ears folded to her skull as she frowned, the guilt welling up in her breast before the ebony sovereign shook it off. She was here to speak to the leader of another pride - not to wallow in her own insecurities.

"I would like to propose an alliance between Cove and Brook.. if not an alliance, a truce then. Should...either of our prides fall under times of war.. the other will offer assistance in whatever way they are able.. The cove has few fighters right now, but we can offer shelter to the members of the Brook that may need to weather the storm.. I will of course come help - as I am one of our warriors.. we will do our best to release your members from another pride should they be .. stolen. Otherwise.. if you fall on hard times we will help.. Food, extra eyes if you end up with too many children.." Stars knows that she had her own eyes full of children at the moment.

"We are not a pride that claims or tries to take what doesn't belong to us. I have done my best to fashion the Cove into a pride that remains neutral if not friendly with most. If we hear of a threat to you or yours, we will send a runner to alert you.. as I hope the same would be offered to us... These... The lions of my own homeland - whether these are from the same lands I know not - but.. I am used to violence and war... I am used to being the 'lesser' of the genders.. so I am no stranger to the types of beings that hail from my lands." Jewel wasn't sure if these were all the same creatures - with the same laws.. but she could assume that with the differences in herself and this Native leader - she could assume it would be quite the culture shock for @Nymeria and her family.

"speech"
patiently does she listen, allowing each word from @Jewel to pass slowly across the forefront of her mind, sinking in and settling perfectly into place. it was like putting together a puzzle, each piece providing more clarity and structure than the last -- and by the end of it all, nymeria found herself perched there with a light smile painted across her lips still, content and satisfaction present within her chest. "i can agree to those terms of alliance." she affirmed, confident that this was a good decision for both her and the brook as a whole. to have another woman in power had been a surprise enough, and so why wouldn't they try to find some common ground, across the breadth of all this testosterone? aside from the obvious, jewel had earned the valourian's respect throughout the course of this meeting, and had proven that she was, hopefully, a woman of her word.

"though neutrality is not something that i can guarantee for those who threaten the lives of the people here, whether or not they are allies or have pacts with you." she, of course, thought immediately to the brief presence of the hollows king, wondering absently if jewel had dared subscribe herself to their customs. nymeria was not a violent woman, nor was she one that was driven by blind ambition or careless judgments -- but she refused to bend to the whim of others who put the fortitude of her kin in jeopardy. "the brook is full of strong hunters and able healers, including myself. should you ever require support in times of need, we will come and provide it to you. if you are honest and forthcoming with us, we will be the same with you."

pausing momentarily, the druid would gage for a reaction from the other, before inhaling a small breath and continuing. "we do not believe in senseless war; violence has a purpose, as does all things, but it is more than just about inflicting pain and wreaking havoc upon others. and please, jewel --" she paused abruptly then, opal gaze hoping to catch that of the ebony queen, looking to gold her attention, before affirming the last part of her sentence. "-- you are anything than lesser than, no matter where you are." you are a woman; you are a queen.