- Free Art and Designs: This is a general reminder that any type of art that is given for free is just that — free. It is not to be used for profit or in any way that wasn't intended by the original artist when it was offered. Please make sure to abide by this when claiming, using, or recycling free art, and to reach out to the artist or a Staff member if you have any questions.
- We have a new relationship field for IC profiles. This enables you to set different types of relationships with different characters, and can be found in your UserCP! Thank you to @dusk for setting this up!
- With the introduction of 2 new prides as part of our July BWP, we had to reconfigure some things on site — including the index, usergroups, permissions, and so forth. If anything looks off or wonky in relation to this, please bring it to a Sr.Staff member’s attention so that we can get it fixed as soon as possible! Thank you for your patience, and cheers to new prides!
- Staff have an open door policy on all things. We understand that OOC issues can cause anxiety and stress, we would like to stress that we are here for you if you feel as though you need support, guidance, or assistance. While we can't promise to fix everything, we will always do our best to remedy the situation and keep flagged issues on our radar.
- When you do have issues or require Staff assistance, the use of the Discord ticket system is always encouraged, both for tracking and transparency reasons. Soon, we will be setting up the system to auto-send a ticket of the transcript to you after the ticket is closed. The Admin team also retains copies of all ticket transcripts.
- We are anticipating releasing a community survey in the next little while, to gauge where the member-base is at and where improvements can be made. In the same vein, we want to remind everyone that Amaryllis is, at the end of the day, a game — one that we all are here to enjoy and have fun with. Please always display respect and kindness to your fellow RPers, and to treat everyone how you would want to be treated.
As of August 1st, Nature’s Wrath has officially ended and brought with it the close of the BWP. We loved getting to see everyone experiment and play around with the plot-lines, and appreciate everyone’s patience as the BWP Team and Staff experimented with different formats, schedules, and mechanics.
The Admin team is aiming to pull the raffle winners later today - it will be conducted similar to our posting raffles, where each winner will be contacted in the order that they are drawn. However, the Staff team does need to go through and verify everyone’s tickets before conducting the raffle — if there are delays with this, please understand as there are a lot of members that we need to go through! We promise to do this as quickly and as efficiently as we can, so that we can distribute those amazing prizes.
Finally, thank you for everyone who participated and made the BWP their own, and to the BWP Team as a whole for their hard work and dedication! Cheers everyone and we’ll see you again in a couple of months for the next event!
As of this announcement, our two new trades, Erudite and Beatnik are officially live. You will find all of their perks and trade tasks in the Guidebook, and characters can begin selecting these as their trades and incorporating them ICly.
Given the fact that these are new trades, for the month of August, you are able to negate any trade change cooldowns that your characters may have in favour of changing to either Erudite or Beatnik.
- i.e. Bob switched their Master trade to Barbarian two weeks ago, and by default was given a 3 OOC month cooldown where they can’t change their Master trade again. However, after seeing the new trades, Bob really wants their Master trade to be Erudite. If requested before September 1, Bob can swap their Master trade again to Erudite and ignore that 3 month cooldown. He will, however, incur a new cooldown after switching to Erudite.
Trade experience cannot be transferred to the new trades from an old one, unless you have a prize that allows you to do so.
We look forward to seeing these in action!
In order to provide more flexibility and options to our member-base, we will be adding another level to our PVP system. We hope that this change will allow more comfort during fights and with the PVP system as a whole.
Below are some quick summaries of the tiers, but please see the Guidebook PVP page for a full outline.
- If switching to Orange or Yellow, it will not count as a PVP change and will not be given a cooldown.
- If are in the middle of a fight and requesting a PVP change, please make a note (with a link to the fight) in your request so that Staff can wait until it is over to make the edit.
We would also like to take a moment to remind everyone that hiding behind your PVP, at any level, is not allowed. Please have a level that matches the type of character that you have (to the best of your ability), and to keep the spirit of the site in mind.
Example of hiding behind a PVP: Having a character who is always in the middle of things, tends to get themselves into messes, or is often aggressive toward others. Having a character like this on Red PVP keeps others from being able to do what would be naturally ICly for them. If you feel as though someone is hiding behind their PVP, in any circumstance, please reach out to the Staff team via our ticket tool system in discord.
RED: Cannot be fought without permission. This level will remain as it was previously.
ORANGE: Open minor maims or below. This will also be the new default/minimum PVP level for all pride/band leaders.
YELLOW: Open to major maims or below.
GREEN: Open to any fight, including death matches. This level will remain as it was previously.
Again, we hope that these changes will help cohesion and make everyone a little more comfortable with the PVP system. If you have concerns or questions, do not hesitate to reach out!
— The Staff Team