Amaryllis
Amaryllis   Pride Lands   Wolfbron Bluffs    see me bare my teeth for you

Hello There, Guest!
or Register
IC News

February 11, 2024The Mire has fallen from the Stärke family and is now held by Luther Rike. The change has stirred but the fighting nature of those on the island. The Brook finds a new leader with Icefang and Isla takes over the Lagoon after a storm pushes out the old leader. Reti finds himself the leader of the Hollows after Alexander is hurt. The Oasis finds a new leader in Léonie who is soon tested by Harou.

January 8, 2024 The snow has finally begun to melt anew, which means that the world is slowly returning to the much-anticipated summer season. With the various holiday activities and the other jests put on by Nafasi also coming to a close, it is safe to say that winter is finally over.

December 5th, 2023 Nafasi had pulled a cruel trick and has sent Amaryllis back into a renewed winter season! But it's not all bad, because the lands will also see a handful of holiday-themed events popping up as a result. To make things more interesting, a wayward trio of travlers have also arrived and are facilitating a mass competition between the prides, bands, and rogues -- formally dubbed the Amaryllis Winter Games.

December 2nd, 2023 The spring air brings forth a number of pride challenges. A familiar challenger for the Cove and the Oasis arrive to try to earn what they want. The new leader of the Lagoon is tested in battle as well. What changes will come from the challenges? Who will remain standing and who will find their world turned upside down?

November 27th, 2023 In a challenge between mother and daughter, the leadership of Wolfbron Bluff changes for the first time in 5 IC years.

November 22nd, 2023 Two death matches, one resurrection, and an almost-war later, the lands find themselves in a constant state of turmoil and calamity. Families have been torn apart and endless blood has been spilt; but how is it all going to end?

November 3rd, 2023 The lands stir violently as a death match rages on between Aeistrios Saxe and Morrigan Greyflood. Observers spill into the pit in droves to witness what will no doubt be a historic battle -- and it is clear that this familial fued is far from over, no matter who wins and who dies.

October 12th, 2023 With winter comes the surge of more pride challenges; Ludivine challenges Ryker for Firnen Rainforest and is victorious in her endeavors, meanwhile an outcropping of maims breaks out on the sidelines. In a shocking turn of events Luther returns to challenge Bruno for Ecrosia Mire, will the former heir prove victorious or has Bruno got what it takes to keep his brother's ambitions at bay? This has undoubtedly shaken things up as Bruno declares war against Andal Oasis and Allies in the process!

September 26th, 2023 A series of pride challenges spark up across the peninsula, while warring families face-off as tensions reach their boiling points. Anthonius Savante barely manages to escape the clutches of Apollinaire Dieudonne with his life, while death looms over the broken truce between the Valour-Greyflood and Saxe families.

September 4th, 2023 After Tinúviel collapsed at the Wolfbron Bluff's challenge, she was unable to make it back to the Lagoon to take up her leadership position again and the pride disbands. Diomedeidae & Cirilla fight for the pride.

August 28th, 2023 Both Amara and Morrigan keep their prides. Lachesis doesn't show to defend the Brook and Renfri takes over. The Wolfbron Bluffs challenge seems to be setting off fireworks already.

August 15th, 2023 The two longest standing female leaders are both fighting for their prides once again. Anthonius challenges Amara for the Bluffs. Amaroq challenges Morrigan for the Summit. A new leader faces his first challenge as Renfri challenges Lachesis for the Brook. Did anyone think that peace was something the island was able to have?

August 1st, 2023 Conflict, drama, love, and loss - the lands are never free from any of it for more than a fleeting moment. As the summer months wane on and the season nears its end, there is no telling what is coming next upon the horizon.

June 19th, 2023 With the rains leaving and spring upon the island, things are heating up among the lions. Bruno seeks to unseat his father in the Mire. Helah looks to dethrone Scorpius in the Oasis and keep the fire between the Bluffs and the Oasis alive. The Plains have raided the Brook and allies on both sides showed up to help.

May 23rd, 2023 All is fair in love and war - moments of chaos and peace lull in a cyclical nature across the lands of Amaryllis, though most are wise enough to know that the quiet never lasts quite long enough.

April 20th, 2023 Alexander manages to win the Hollows and Tiamat keeps the Lagoon. Vághan challenges Amara for the Bluffs but Amara is able to hold off another challenger and keeps the Bluffs. The Cove was hit by a storm that washed away it's leader leaving the lands open to be claimed by Nephthys and Keligan who both are attached to the land. Cirilla attempts to take the Oasis from Scorpius who seems driven to keep the land.

April 5th, 2023 It doesn't take long for the dust to kick up as the Hollows is challenged for by Alexander once again and the Lagoon is challenged for by Fernweh.

March 31st, 2023 As wars and challenges continue to break out across the lands, Amaryllis is certainly keeping up with its turbulent reputation. One can only hope that the dust will settle soon enough - for everyone's sake.

March 10th, 2023 The turbulance of the prides never ceases for very long, as a violent landslide forces the members of Firnen Rainforest to evacuate and disband. Who will step up for the throne this time around?

March 1st, 2023 While Gauthier manages to retain control of Caladan Cove, Lorien Plains' fate is not so simple. With Aeistrios overthrowing Violarum and taking the pride's throne, how will things unravel from here?

February 20th, 2023 Even though the last batch of pride challenges did not succeed in shifting most of the political tides in Amaryllis, it did not deter ambitious souls from seeking out thrones of their own. The fates of both Lorien Plains and Caladan Cove now hang in the balance, stirring further unrest as a result.

January 25th, 2023 It seems that the island wasn't ready for new leaders to take over right away as Vermier keeps ahold of the Hollows and Cassandra keeps the Brook in the family. The steadiness doesn't last long as a blistering sand storm rolls through the Oasis, leaving it empty until Ronin and Scorpius take up battle to see who will claim the lands.

January 16th, 2023 After battling for their prides, all current leaders remain with their crowns. Amara successfully wins a challenge for the Bluffs for the third time. Morrigan wins her first battle after a year of leading the Summit, the relations between the Mire and Summit seem to have splintered as war breaks out. Ryker battles a familiar face in Leander for the Oasis and manages to keep his crown and denies a family the ability to get back to it. Alexander battles Vermier for the Hollows, a move that causes Ryker to drop his attachements to Alexander's family.

January 9th, 2023 After peace seemed to settle over the island the warm air and lifting of the rains brings out the challenges for prides. The Lagoon gains new leaders. The Oasis leader, Ryker fights to keep his pride from Leander. Amara, the oldest leader in the island once again fights to keep the Bluffs, this time against Arkyn. While Cassandra fights against Aeistrios to keep the Brook in the paws of family and friends.

December 19th, 2022 In a bold move, Amara of Wolfbron Bluffs has taken King Alizabeth prisoner after she was attacked by some mammoths. This has left Scilla Lagoon empty of it's leader once again.

December 16th, 2022 Spring works it's way to the island and with the coming of warmer weather it seems that the island has calmed and for the moment allowed things to settle.

November 29th, 2022 The winter season has proven to be brutal and unforgiving as the weather pushes the lions of Scilla Lagoon from their home, once again leaving the pride vulnerable for claiming. This time, Ronin is looking for the opportunity to rule, though he is quickly countered by Alizabeth, who is hoping to reclaim what was once her's.

November 11th, 2022 After Alizabeth left the Lagoon to find her cub and ended up falling ill, the pride has found itself at the center of another challenge and war. Prometheus and Recluse fought to see who would lead Scilla Lagoon, with Recluse reigning victorious, while the lions of Wolfbron Bluffs extend their reach with Vermier as the new High Sovereign of Obsidian Hollows. With so many changes to the leaders of Amaryllis, what is ahead for the island?

November 8th, 2022 "When will this end?" you may ask yourself as you are thrust in between worlds once more. This time, however, you are not simply floating in the nothingness or above the land you call home. No. It is snippets of visions that pay now before you as if you're there. As if it isn't just a memory of a time long gone. Their piercing eyes gaze at you. You are taken aback out of fear or maybe awe. Somehow you know deep within your heart the identity of this loner: Kivuli. When you awake, the memory of the fury in their gaze remains burned within your mind.

October 22nd, 2022 An earthquake has resulted in parts of Obsidian Hollow to fall in, trapping Roan in the process as he sought to evacuate the others. In the aftermath, Vermier and Revna waste no time moving in to make their claim for the newly vacant territory.

October 17th, 2022 It is happening again - you are thrust into this in-between of worlds, the tendrils of mist swirling before you like hungry serpents. You can almost feel them tickle your sides and wrap around your ankles -- "I am Kivuli," the strange chorus of voices responds firmly, their fury brimming at the tip of their words. It is powerful and intense, like a titanous wave about to crash and leave everything in ruin. "... and I will take back what is mine." What is coming for the island? Will there be enough support to keep Maua as the stronger deity or will Kivuli take over?

October 8th, 2022 A rumble is felt on the eastern side of the island, prompting violent waves to crash into the lands of Caladan Cove and driving out the lions that once lived there. Days pass before the ocean calms and settles once again, but the lions that were once there are now gone, and the pridelands are open for a new ruler.

October 7th, 2022 Alizabeth remains the leader of Scilla Lagoon whilst Seneca loses his battle to Ryker for Andal Oasis. Will the outcome of these battles shape how the island works together in the coming days? With new leaders also taking over Lorien Plains (Ghyslaine) and Vermeda Brook (Cassandra), things could be on edge once again.

October 1st, 2022 Something takes hold of those living on the island - - shared vision or dream that seems to shake the core of what they have come to know. Accompanied with a strange voice within their minds, those who came to Amaryllis long ago, guided by Maua's voice, will feel a pagne of familiarity. Only this time, the voice is different and chilling. What is coming?

archive of old in-character news

OOC News

February 13, 2024 It is time for our 2024 Community Check In. This survey covers OOC areas, IC areas, and a few other things that staff are looking to gain insight on. This is very important to us so please take the time to answer the questions. You have until March 11th to finish this survery. Once complete, you can claim an item from the shop or 150xp. More details are in the survey.

January 25, 2024 Site update! Please review some changes to the site here.

January 8, 2024 Happy New Year and welcome back from our site-wide break! We're looking forward to picking things back up, and hope that everyone feels refreshed.

December 2, 2023 Fa la la la la, la la la la! It's finally December, and we all know what that means — holiday events, woohoo! We will also be having a site break December 22nd - Jan 5th.

November 28, 2023 We are looking for input on the trade system revamp. Learn more about it and the raffle here!

October 26, 2023 We are looking for a few additional staff members to help with processing things around the sitd. Please apply if you have the time and are interested!!

October 19, 2023 A very important site update is out today, so please take a look and read through it in full.

October 11, 2023 If you weren't aware, we have an ongoing Halloween Event! The IC event is live as of today, and both that and the scavenger hunt will run until the end of the month.

September 26, 2023 There is less than a week left of our site-wide double exp event, so get in there and earn what you can! Also stay tuned for some fall fun coming to the site in October.

August 20th, 2023 Let's talk; Amaryllis does not condone the stealing of content or harrasment in any form.

August 10th, 2023 It's World Lion Day! That means a free character for all of our active members! Check out the details here.

August 1st, 2023 Our site break has officially ended - we hope that everyone enjoyed the downtime and that you are looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. Please refer to the original announcement for timelines to get caught up!

archive of old out-of-character news

-->

Character of the Month
Pair of the Month
Thread of the Month

Pride Challenges
No fights in progress
Rank Challenges
No fights in progress
Lioness or Cub Challenges
No fights in progress
Dominance Matches
Meisia vs Karsus for Dominance
Eris vs Valka for Dominance
Maim Matches
Runa vs Morrigan for Major Maim
Death Matches
Alaric vs Luther for Death
October Y11
Fall
Crunchy leaves, rain, and cool nights are on the rise as Amaryllis descends into the fall season. The cold is beginning to creep in from the nothern territories, whistling through the trees and mountains along the way, but, in time, will encapsulate the entire peninsula.

Map & Calendar


Recent Posts


Site Time
The current time on Amaryllis is:

Credits
The bread and butter

All site-based items on Amaryllis are copywritten to the owners. Characters are copywritten and owned by their creators. Amaryllis is currently owned by Ice and Squid. Default skin coded by Dusk. Full credits here.

see me bare my teeth for you
  Quote     |   #51
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2024, 06:23 PM by Roussel. Edited 1 time in total.)
He is late, he knows, and not even fashionably so. But better late than never, oui?

If he was asked, Roussel would be all too happy to blame the bizarre weather for his tardiness. The cold had brought a stiff sort of laziness to his bones, the sight of snow-covered cliffs greeted him each morning instinctively pushing him back into the warm confines of his den for a cozy little nap. And nowadays, what did he have to keep him from answering the siren call of a good snooze, truly?

@Louve ♔, apparently. And though a deep groan rumbles from his throat when he begrudgingly drags himself from his slumber to step out into the cold, cruel world, Roussel knows better than to let the Matriarch's summons go unheeded.

The blood of divinity comes with a price. But he would submit to his place in the hierarchy again and again for all eternity, so long as it meant he could feast.

The sting of the cold is all but forgotten once the boy catches wind of the stench of death, the warm, pungent smell of blood awakening the ever-present fiend of hunger residing in his belly like nothing else could. (This too, was a price. So why did it feel so much like a gift?) Elven ears tip forward to better capture the latter half of the High Sovereign's speech, mismatched eyes sliding over both her and Apollinaire's scarred visage with a gleaming sharpness as the words of enemies and allies filtered into his awareness. Yet the pink curl of his tongue delicately sweeping over his lips where they'd begun to overflow reveals where the glutton's true interests lay.

He still can't help but wonder if the flesh of their zombie Sovereign wouldn't be an even greater feast, now that it's been sanctified through resurrection. Alas, he suspects he is to be denied a sample.

So he turns his gaze instead towards the unfortunate lion that had found itself beneath Louve's claws, his gaze briefly catching upon @Valère's russet hues as he moved to take his share, as well as the mottled whites and silvers of who he first thinks is Silvine - but wait. No. That's not his sister. But he would recognize anywhere all the same.

Helah has returned.

The sight of her freezes Roussel in place, his jaw hanging open without him even being aware of it, capable only of staring at the woman who'd birthed him like an idiot as he tried to process the surge of tangled emotions washing over him. Part of him thinks he's overjoyed. Part of him feels red and raw still, anger and hurt overflowing from a barely-healed wound, now freshly torn open. Much of him is confused. But even after all this time, there remains one simple truth -

He would do anything to make @Helah look at him.

How generous then, that @Cassius should offer the perfect opportunity for a spectacle! Roussel shuts his mouth with a 'click' when he hears the inky brute blunder by to make his inquiry of the Matriarch, mottled paws carrying the Dieudonne before the other yearling a little too swiftly for the air of poise he was trying so desperately to maintain. "Why, we shall fight for eet, of course!" He declares boldly, loud enough for Louve to hear - loud enough for Helah to hear. "What ees a feast without a good show to go along with eet, hmm?" He adds, meeting Cassius's gaze with a challenging smirk.

And hopefully, there'd still be a bite left for him by the time it was over.

Roussel vs. @Cassius
WB Gentry
Round 0 / 3
code by scorpixia ♡︎ art by irish
  Quote     |   #52
The gristle occupied her until its novel taste ran out. So, not very long. It lay sodden and unmunched between her front paws as she formed a sphinx-loaf and on the cold stone she froze (a rock marked with foreign graffiti, or way-signs in an old language). Black eyes lay glazed with minimal instinctual blinks. Ears cupped like radar dishes, pointed to achieve signals in all useful directions but their purpose obscure.

There is no change in her body until the speech concludes and, further, enough commotion of others filled what could have been a weighty silence. Then Palpatine approached the fleshy altar. Whiskers lead, head low. Nostrils bump into the corpse. Not yet stiff but lukewarm. "This is how to be strong?" She peeled off a strip of skin, her fangs white, angry at the effort. It was difficult. Skin did not wish to separate from the shoulder. No soft meat underneath. Just a taste. Mostly of the wilds and scents far from here. Something wet that was common to all blood. Something different and unknown. That must be the strength. She chewed the strip with stubbornness. Half of it dangled out half of her mouth.

"Wha' god... we honor?" black matte glaze eyes shifted up upon the canvas of her face. The authority-of-this-thing @Louve ♔ she sensed somewhere overhead.

Hardcore Means Hardcore
Please do not seek permission or give notice before attacking this character, but do tag after!
  Quote     |   #53
It would seem that he would get his answer from not Apollinaire or Louve, but from some kid he had never really met. Yet this was not before some woman begins throwing insults. That was what her tone suggested at least. Her actual words were near unintelligible.

Cassius turns first to inspect the crazy bitch who seemed to have a death wish before looking Roussel up and down. We won't be the only entertainment either. He sneers, blues slipping momentarily back toward the mangled mouth whack job.
His shoulders roll, head inclining toward the younger male, guiding them both over to a more open space. It would be best to leave a path open for their King. He was quite known for blazing trails of hellfire for those the disrespected the Dieudonne.

Cassius X'uekai. He introduces with a shit eating grin before launching himself forward.

-----------------

His broad left side shoulder is thrust toward the yearling's chest in an attempt to collide there and possibly knock the wind from his body. He let out a grunted growl as his right forelimb rises, claws reaching out to try and hook the boy across his left cheek.

Cassius vs. @Roussel
For WB Gentry
Round 1 / 3
Hits:
Rolling 7d20: 17 + 1 + 10 + 19 + 5 + 9 + 2

Dodges:
Rolling 2d20: 5 + 12

Luck:
Rolling 5d20: 8 + 13 + 20 + 15 + 11
code by scorpixia♡︎ | art by editjackson
  Quote     |   #54
there is a moment between her last words and action where she wonders. it is brief, fleeting (for they act more quickly than she had dreamed), little more than a flicker of question that dances through her mind. there were enough of her family she could not imagine an outright coup, but she wondered just how much of an outcry might rise all the same.

the first to move is young @Mirai, darting forward to snatch the prize from the ground, trotting it back towards her own sister. louve watches for a moment, but her attention is quickly pulled away as others approach.

@Etain, next, earning a grin and a nod from the queen. "i look forward to watching z'e fight," it is as much of an invitation as she would receive, but privately louve is thrilled to see the ambition rise so quickly. her husband is quick to echo her sentiments, though refrains from immediately taking his own bite of the offered meal. he was, she was certain, watching the crowd as she was.

young @Josephine is next, attempting to bring @Lune with her, and louve watches with interest to see what her brother's lover would do. until her small sister is asking a question, and louve gives the same answer she gave to the other small ones that had inquired -- "it seems you'll 'ave to fight for eet" -- speaking loudly enough that the others that had shown interest would hear, too.

@Icefang ♔ is the next to indulge, and the two share a look in which the queen makes her approval clear. @Helah joins her, as louve would have expected, followed by @Evren which was only slightly more surprising. his query is met with a quick nod, though her attention does not linger on those that eat but rather on the ones that have yet to approach.

her gaze flicks briefly over @Faolán and @Valaine, lingering for a moment on the latter. there is a knowing, there, and louve does not fear her quiet rejection. valaine will not send the hounds to their door. @Valère takes his piece, next, and @Draven follows -- an interesting situation, she thinks, considering the look that his little wolf gives him.

and then something a little more interesting happens, as @Cassius steps forward to challenge for gentry. a thrill courses through the bloodied matriarch, for what better way to mark the occasion with a fight? she looks, eagerly, through the crowd, to see who might rise to the challenge.

but, oh, it is not a fighter for cassius that appears. instead there is the garbled raving of a too familiar face, a woman she should have banished long ago. @Lycaonia strides in to the den of wolves and shoots at the alpha and louve can hear the murmurs that spread, the astonishment that falls from the tongues of her pridemates.

a wicked snarl tears from her throat and in a single move she clears the corpse at her paws and stalks towards the ivory wench. bristling she moves with unsheathed claws and bared teeth, murderous intent gleaming in bright yellow eyes. "tu aurais dû partir quand tu en avais l'occasion," you should have left when you had the chance saliva drips from her lips as she speaks, caring little for the fact that lycaonia does not understand.

louve would have leapt for her throat if @Vermier had not stepped in, and even then she stops only to pin him with a warning look. "se déplacer. elle fera pénitence." move. she will pay her penance words followed by immediate action.

-- fight begins here --

louve does not give him much time to move, bursting forward in a flurry of action, all teeth and claws and righteous anger. "eef ze tongue was not enough," she snarled, "i weel 'ave your eyes, too!" she barely spits them out before she is attempting to grab hold of the woman's face, aiming to sink her teeth deep in to the cheek and eye, to pop the damn thing like a grape if she can.

meanwhile her claws are put to good use, the forepaw opposite where vermier had been rising to attempt to sink in to lycaonia's shoulder, to hold her in place while the queen teeth attempt to rob her of another sense.


Louve vs @Lycaonia
For Major Maim (Blinding/Eye removal)
Round 1 / 4
Hits:
Rolling 6d20: 3 + 12 + 7 + 20 + 14 + 17

Dodges:
Rolling 5d20: 5 + 7 + 9 + 14 + 10

Luck:
Rolling 5d20: 6 + 16 + 1 + 3 + 11

ART BY XARONARTS, CODE BY DEE, MODIFIED BY GUNNER
  Quote     |   #55
The crazed ramblings of one unfortunate lunatic amidst their ranks had barely managed to snag Roussel's interest, occupied as he was by the flare of ambition the mere sight of Helah had so suddenly ignited within him. After all, if it was attention the odd woman sought, she was clearly going about it the wrong way. Her blasphemous insults were just as worthless as she herself was about to me.

So when @Cassius's comment draws his mismatched gaze to side-eye the doomed soul, Roussel merely scoffs. "She ees merely another serving een our feast." If she would not serve the Dieudonne in life, then she would be lucky to serve them in death.

But that is not his battle to fight, and he is eager to begin. "Roussel Dieudonne." He purrs in turn, dark lips curving around the lilting syllables with clear relish.



Embarrassingly, he doesn't quite expect the other male to strike him with such force over such a short distance, their collision rattling through Roussel's very bones. All that muscle wasn't just for show, it seemed - imagine that. He is pushed a step back with a gasping cough, the heat of a bruise pooling all too quickly in the center of his chest setting a throbbing backdrop to the stinging pain Cassius's claws rake down his left cheek.

Brilliant scarlet drips down the boy's pale muzzle as he flings his skull upwards, heedless of his own tearing flesh as his flashing fangs attempting to snap around the other's dark nose with a snarl that sounds strangely similar to a laugh.

All too eager to push himself closer into danger's sphere, his right forepaw would lift in an attempt to tangle claws through the inky locks of his opponent's mane, sharp talons stretching to try to snag in the muscled flesh beneath.

Roussel vs. @Cassius
For WB Gentry
Round 1 / 3
Hits:
Rolling 4d20: 3 + 1 + 8 + 4

Dodges:
Rolling 4d20: 13 + 18 + 5 + 4

Luck:
Rolling 5d20: 17 + 9 + 3 + 11 + 6
code by scorpixia ♡︎ art by irish
  Quote     |   #56
The boy was foolish to think that Cassius would wait to strike. That just because he was an ally, a pride mate, that he would allow the other to prepare. No. That was not how the world worked. It was not how the Darkling worked.

Both of his hits collide, an ache blossoming through his shoulder. He might even form a temporarily limp in the next day or two from the muscle swelling. He snarls as teeth slice over his nose as he turns his head. With still plenty of mane to grow, it is easy for his opponent's claws to find his flesh. Mouth parts and his own teeth seek to try and snag the male in the face. Right paw rises again, attempting to whack claws into the other's ribs.

Cassius vs. @Roussel
For WB Gentry
Round 2 / 3
Hits:
Rolling 7d20: 8 + 13 + 19 + 2 + 11 + 17 + 5

Dodges:
Rolling 2d20: 10 + 16

Luck:
Rolling 5d20: 13 + 2 + 20 + 19 + 18
code by scorpixia♡︎ | art by editjackson
  Quote     |   #57
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2024, 01:59 PM by Apollinaire. Edited 2 times in total.)
One by one their loyalists, their pride, stepped up to claim their portion of tonight's grandiose meal. He beamed at them, eagerly nodding at each that approached to tear off a chunk. The hesitance of @Faolán does not go unnoticed by the sly King, and he tucks the information in a small compartment of his twisted mind. For safe-keeping. For later use.

The next to disappoint him was @Valaine, who left as quickly as she could in order to avoid partaking. @Louve ♔ may be lenient on those things, she may not force them to feed on what the Dieudonne feed, but Apollinaire was not so lenient. He saw this as a test of loyalty. After all, if one would not so much as try something new, how could he expect them to fight for Wolfbron? Not to mention that the food was not poisoned, nor rotten. Only rotting. And delicious.

@Cassius' appearance was evidently by accident. Judging by the surprise on his face, he had not heard the summons - but the buck that the boy brought was enough of an excuse for the undead King. "When you mentioned the cubs eating you, I took as some figure of speech." The cannibal monarch tilted his head like a confused puppy. "A figure of zhe speech? Oh, non, zhis is our way, mon ami." The boy put off feasting to go for a rank - he quite liked this one's ambition. Perhaps he could work on his forwardness, but his hard work was enough to put him in Apollinaire's good graces. Before Apollinaire could speak, @Roussel stepped up to answer the call with boyish eagerness. He smiled. "A show! Oui!" he said loudly, chuckling and almost clapping his hands at such a great idea. He loved shows - especially the bloody ones.

@Vedette's arrival was marked by Apollinaire's confusion at the girl's visceral reaction. He struggled to understand what bothered his daughter, and yet he felt compassion regardless. "Ma petite araignée," "My little spider," he cooed to bring her closer. "Viens, tu ne veux pas nous rejoindre?" "Come, won't you join us?" Perhaps Vedette was displeased with the crowd. She was not one for social gatherings.

What came next was not the type of entertainment he enjoyed.

With the two yearlings interlocked in battle, the distorted words of a woman screeched from the crowd and pulled on the bloodhound's attention. At first he could not understand what @Lycaonia yelled so angrily about. Her words were strange, as if in another language, until he realized that they were very much English words. Her tongue was the problem. Well, one of the problems. She was about to have bigger ones. "Treacherous witch!" Apollinaire's brows furrowed, all the joy and excitement snapping away from his face in a blink of a time. The woman was yelling to his chartreux matriarch.

He blinked in disbelief.

A mixture of emotions fluttered in his chest, one of which a desire to take the woman by the throat and strangle her - then have them all feast on her flesh along with the dead man's. Another was amusement at the foolish bravery that the female displayed in the den of the wolf, surrounded by the whole pack. "Perhaps we should have her skull as well, dear sister?" @Régine asked, which brought Apollinaire from his shock at the woman's audacity. "Oui," he agreed, glancing toward @Louve ♔. "Permettez-moi de vous apporter sa tête, mon amour." "Allow me to bring you her head, my love." he offered, awaiting for the command by not moving a muscle until then.

@Vermier interjects. "She is hysterical!" He watches his cousin with curiosity. "Feverish!" Oh? Was the maimed woman his beau? He was inclined to believe she was hysterical, feverish even... and yet none of that would matter. Vermier must know this better than anyone else here. All who question the Matriarch will face harsh punishment. A man's word would not mean anything, and especially not his. Apollinaire liked it that way. He would gladly feast on Lycaonia and when he is done, ask Vermier to join.

The snarl that came from @Louve ♔ was visceral. The High Sovereign flew from atop her perch and cleared the way, lunging for Lycaonia with a banshee screech. It was over for her. He watches with a pleased smile. Now that... was a show.


  Quote     |   #58
Elaine listens and watches those who gathered closely. Her attention broken by @Mirai gathering the heart that her sister pulled from within their meal. A rare smile crossed her features and Elaine nodded toward the heart. Eat.* Elaine wanted her to have it. It would be good for her to have no issues with eating any part of the lions that she will one day hunt. Elaine had found her but she was going to make sure that she was as true to the blood and family as possible. It was unlikely Elaine would be having cubs of her own anyways.

Most who are there, take part or respectfully look on. No one seems to be taken to off guard. What her mother must think. Elaine look a look at the older lioness who was with the youngest litter. That small group took no time in trying to claim parts of it and it seemed like they would be as strong as her own litter had been. She hoped more of them made it. Elaine flicked her gaze around and noted that her mother's new mate wasn't around. She wasn't sure when she saw him last but it seemed that the men of the family were far better at leaving than sticking around.

@Lycaonia's voice ripped Elaine from her thoughts and caused the heiress to turn her icy gaze to the pale lioness that her uncle had taken to. They had been together for so long and hadn't done anything of worth, where were the cubs from that line? Elaine's whole body grows stiff as she slowly takes in the lioness and her words. This one wasn't smart was she? @Régine's desire for another skull pulls Elaine's attention for a moment Déplacez ma sœur. Elle a une leçon à venir. Move sister. She has a lesson coming. Elaine didn't wish for any of the young siblings to be in the way when Louve moved to handle it. In a different setting, Elaine would have but she knew that Louve was not only needing to make sure that the members of the pride saw her as a leader but also the family. This was for Louve to handle and Elaine to clean up any messes that may come from it—speaking of mess.

Elaine blinks at @Vermier as he tries to get in the way. To smooth things over. Was he mad? A snarl of her own leaves her as she stalks toward Vermier. If he tried to move against Louve in any way, it would be his body they feasted on next. She didn't care about his relationship with anyone or what he did for the family years ago, she would not allow him to stand against her sister. Against the family. Not a chance in hell. Her whole body seemed to vibrate as she watched him, her icy gaze unwavering as her sister sought to remove more flesh from the lioness he liked to lay with. It was his own fault really. Anyone coming into the family should be made aware of what they do, who they are, and allowed to accept it or not. No one should be here through force or stupidity.
art by rabbit & code
  Quote     |   #59
The world is cruel and unsympathetic to the likes of those who lived within it, that much has proven itself to be true to Roussel time and time again. Always eager to shove him back whenever he over-tipped himself, stretching out eager claws for a precious pawful of glittering gold.

And yet he is only ever incited to push back even harder, to remind the world that it was nothing more than an oyster to be picked clean. For @Cassius, he would react no differently.

Distantly, he is aware of hell breaking loose around them, the sounds of the Matriarch's vicious vendetta setting a harrowing backdrop to his own struggle that ignites fire in his veins. Yet he can focus only on the sensation of soft skin splitting beneath his veins, dark flesh tearing open the pale tufts of hair that tangle in his claws. The taste of blood delicately pooling upon his tongue - the scent of his own as it trickled from searing gashes painted across his ribs. A lovely dance of pain, whose music urges him ever further.

He growls as he shakes his skull, seeking to dislodge the brutish male's fangs from where they've lodged in the sensitive bridge of his nose, the soft velvets of his muzzle. His own teeth snap reflexively, eager to try to puncture the skin of Cassius's thick neck, if only he could reach it. His right forepaw attempts to drag downward, claws seeking to carve a bloody mess down the expanse of his opponent's chest before reaching stable ground.

Oui - He would desire nothing more than to see that blood flow like wine.

Roussel vs. @Cassius
For WB Gentry
Round 2 / 3
Hits:
Rolling 4d20: 9 + 6 + 11 + 19

Dodges:
Rolling 4d20: 4 + 16 + 7 + 15

Luck:
Rolling 5d20: 15 + 12 + 6 + 11 + 2
code by scorpixia ♡︎ art by irish
  Quote     |   #60
As @Icefang ♔ spoke of the offered meal, Thruum listened as his sister requested bones. The boy would rise to his feet, following the sounds and subtle vibrations of the others moving towards what he assumed was their meal. Given the scent of iron and fresh meat. The dark pelted child did pause as he went, stamping with a foot, and finding himself frustrated when it didn't give the information he sought. Perhaps - he surmised... because of the amount of lions milling around.

Teeth bared slightly, the youth would manage to find his way to the carcass. Unaware was he that it was the same as those that gathered around - to the young cub meat was meat and a meal was to fill his belly. The fighting that broke out had the dark pelted child lifting his head, a piece of flesh hanging from his jaws as he gnawed on it, ears swiveling as his head and sightless gaze would turn to look the general direction of the fighting.

The scent of blood filled the air and he grinned, wondering if his sister was having the time of her young life with all of this.
Trigger Warnings ahead for possible bad language/violence
This character is completely blind and may miss or not react to a character in a thread. This is in no way intended as an OOC slight against the character.
code by corvus
Forum Jump: